5 Reasons Why You Need a Spear Point Knife in Your Life
If you’re a fan of camping, hunting, or just love the great outdoors, you know how important it is having the right gear. However, did you know that a spear point knife can be a versatile and essential tool that any sensible knife owner should have?
Whether you are dashing through a forest Rambo-style and need a defensive option, or you just need to slice up some vegetables for dinner, a spear-point-style knife is a versatile and reliable tool that can easily handle nearly any task. Here are my top five reasons why this blade shape is a must-have in your outdoor gear collection.
1. Most spear point folders are lightweight and easy to carry. Your typical folding spear point knife is small enough to fit in your pocket or on your belt, making it easy to carry with you at all times. Of course, not all spear point knives are lightweight, but most manufacturers know their customers don’t want to carry a MASSIVE blade, and the blade shape uses less steel than many other blade shapes, such as a sheepsfoot knife, which tend to have a thick spine.
2. It’s durable and can withstand heavy use. Despite using less metal, the geometry of a spear point knife allows it to have quite a bit of strength for its, usually, lightweight. With a strong and durable blade, a spear point blade can be used to cut through large diameter branches, carve wood, and even slice through thick meats with ease.
3. It’s versatile and has a multitude of everyday-life applications. Not only is a spear point knife essential for camping and outdoor survival, but it can also be used for typical kitchen tasks. The blade shapes also lends itself to have a good prying ability.
4. It’s easy to clean. The spear point design makes it easy to clean and maintain – a simple wipe-down with a damp cloth and it’s ready to go. I would recommend lightly oiling your blades too in order to avoid them rusting.
5. It’s safer to use than most blade shapes. Since a spear point has a straight and tapered blade, a spear designed blade is easy to handle and use, making it safer to use for complete beginners and experts alike.
It’s a must-have for everyday use, camping, and survival purposes. Whether you’re exploring the wilderness, learning the basics of outdoor survival, or staying in a cozy room with a cup of hot tea, a spear point knife is a must-have knife design for any knife lover.
Aaaaannnnndddd…. that’s all I’ve got for today folks. Those are the TOP FIVE REASONS that I own MANY drop point style knives in my collection. Thanks for reading, and as always, have a lovely day!